Enquiry List () (0)
Reviewing Your Information, Access and Choice
Social Media and Third-Party Platforms
Your privacy is important to us. Please read this document carefully, it contains valuable information about your rights and obligations.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you when you submit it to us using the online enquiry form or when you submit personal information via the live chat function. This information may include, for example, your name, email address, address, telephone number and any information you submit to us that identifies you personally.
The information you submit is used to process your request and may be entered into our database, for example if you have requested a quote for our products or services. The original enquiry form data is logged for marketing reporting purposes and is kept for 36 months.
When you visit the Site we may collect certain non-personally-identifiable information from you, via Google Analytics and our live chat software, TawkTo. This can include your IP address, browser type, operating system and the domain name from which you accessed the Site. In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behaviour, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other clickstream data. Because non-personally identifiable information does not identify you, we may use non-personal information without restriction. For example, and without limitation, non-personal information is used within the company to improve our products, services, and website content and generate information about site visitors so we can make this website more useful.
- enhance or personalize your Site usage and experience;
- monitor Site usage;
- manage the Site;
- improve the Site and our products and services.
Most web browser applications have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site.
REVIEWING YOUR INFORMATION, ACCESS AND CHOICE
You have a right to request access to any personal information which we hold on you. In addition, you have the rights to:
- request that any information we are holding about you is corrected where it is inaccurate;
- request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances (note that where we have an ongoing relationship, it may not be possible for us to delete all the information that we hold about you);
- request that we move, copy, or transfer your data to another data controller.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or for more information please, contact us at our registered address, or via firstname.lastname@example.org
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from and about you for the purpose of performing our obligations under any contract, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. This would include, but is not limited to, using information collected from and about you to: (1) fulfil your requests for products; and (2) engage in correspondence for the furtherance of any contractual discussion.
We may also use the information we collect from and about you for the purpose of pursuing one of Hughes Safety Showers legitimate interests including, but not limited to:
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to contact you with Site updates, newsletters and other informational and promotional materials from us where appropriate;
- to contact you when necessary;
- to review Site usage and operations;
- to address problems with the Site, our business or our services;
- to help establish and verify the identity of users;
- to protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business
Hughes Safety Showers collects certain information from and about its users three ways: directly from our Web Server logs, the user, and with Cookies. When you visit our Website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage for the purpose of serving our visitors and customers better.
- This website uses Google Ads’ free conversion tracking features on certain pages. If you contact us online, the destination page will have code on it that will help us understand the path you took to arrive on that page.
- We use Google Ads remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
- This website uses Microsoft’s free tracking features on its webpages. If you contact us online, the destination page will have code on it that will help us understand the path you took to arrive on that page.
We do not provide personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their use in marketing directly to you. We will only send you promotional emails about new products and special offers where any required consent has been obtained.You may withdraw such consent and choose not to receive promotional email from us at any time by sending an email containing your request email@example.com. Note that this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing prior to your withdrawal.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose information collected from and about you as follows:
- to our related companies, distributors and service providers, to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us (including for example processing your order, receiving payment or sending you email messages on our behalf);
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or relating to an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law;
- in the event that our company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. We may also disclose your personal information with your express consent.
Please note that any personal information that you voluntarily submit for posting to the Site becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
In some circumstances it may be necessary for your personal information to be transferred to countries outside the EEA. This may be, for example, to store your data at an external server or back up location, or to allow one of our related companies or service providers to process the data in furtherance of a business, professional, or technical support function for us. Where we transfer your data to a third party outside the EEA, we are obliged to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information. We will do so by only transferring your personal information outside the EEA:
- where there has been a finding of adequacy in respect of the territory that the information is to be transferred to, including under a recognized scheme such as the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- where the data is transferred between companies in our group, and European Commission approved model clauses have been incorporated to protect this transfer and any subsequent processing.
The security of your personal information and our clients’ information is important to us. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information and ensure the security of our systems. While we have taken certain physical, electronic, and procedural steps to safeguard and secure the information we collect from Site visitors, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and such transmissions are done at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot assume responsibility or liability for unauthorized access to our servers and systems.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of eighteen. Children between the age of thirteen and eighteen must obtain the permission of their parent or guardian before viewing our Site. If you think that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. We will use reasonable efforts to delete this information. We are not liable for any unauthorized use of this website by minors.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS
Visit Google’s Privacy Terms and Conditions site to see how Google will use personal data.
View TawkTo’s Privacy and Terms to see how data is handled when using our live chat service.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
This Site does not monitor for or adjust any use of information as a result of so-called Do Not Track beacons or notices.
If you are dissatisfied with our response to any requests to your questions or concerns, or if you have any complaints in relation to this policy, or how we handle your personal information then you can complain to our supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner's Office ("ICO") by telephoning 0303 123 113 or writing to Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. Information about the ICO can be obtained at www.ico.org.uk.